Friday, April 1, 2016

Avant Garde Film Reflection



Aspect ratio is the ratio of the image's width to the image's height.
The resolution of an image is the total number of pixels that it contains, with more pixels meaning more detail and clarity.

Overall, this project went very well for our group. One of the things that made it an enjoyable experience was that everyone in the group was willing to be extremely flexible. For example, we used my storyboard and I realized quite a few of the shots I planned were unable to be done with our resources. The other people were extremely understanding, and we brainstormed new ideas very quickly. Additionally, this project did actually give me the camera experience that I shied away from during the chase scene film. I think I also have a much better idea of how to direct a film also. The editing process was also fun to do, as experimenting with the effects showed me how to make our shots more interesting.

However, we did face a few pitfalls. As I mentioned previously, we lacked full planning as we realized throughout the filming process that our storyboard shots were impossible to do. I can improve on this in the future by communicating with my group better early on. Also, we faced some technical difficulties with the cameras. Initially, setting white balance and customizing all the settings took up too much time for our group. Furthermore, some of the effects did not come out as we would have liked. For example, we couldn't get the overexposure shot in the closet well. In the future, I will speed up the daily tasks and realize that shots can be modified in editing also. Lastly, given the size of our group, the majority of our film had to be centered on one actor, giving it an almost monotonous look. Perhaps, we can get other actors from outside our group in the future. In all, however, I am extremely pleased with the end result of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment