Monday, December 19, 2016

Genre Film Reflection




In this film, we attempted the subversion of the road film genre.  Some things worked out almost exactly as we envisioned but others gave us a bit more trouble. For example, we struggled a lot with sound because we couldn't figure out how to minimize background audio, especially in the pottery room. If I were to do this project again, I would definitely make sure to place a greater emphasis on making sure the sound was clear and pleasant to listen to. In addition, I felt that maybe the film was lacking in camera movements. I really like how the reverse tracking shot looked, and I felt that perhaps movements could have been used to further enhance. 

On the other hand, I really liked how the composition turned out and the way color correction enhanced the feel of the different scenes. For example, the bleach bypass made the initial scene appear more bleak, which was helpful in creating a somber mood. Later, in the field, a warmer color correction was useful in suggesting more hope for Neena. I also liked how the voiceovers sounded and it worked really well with the purpose of the road film since the viewer can directly listen to Neena's progress as character. Overall, the film was successful, but there were definitely a few places where we could have taken more time to better it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment