Monday, September 26, 2016

Second Production Check

Ali, Shay and I have decided to work together for our film. We found a good way to merge all of our themes together to create a complex yet doable film with a given plot sequence. Shay wanted to do the theme of struggle with body image, Ali coming of age and myself the portrayal of unique and shared human experience. So we worked out a way in which we'll have two protagonist with contrasting lifestyles who exprience growing up in very different ways to show they experience a shared human cycle in a unique way. Furthermore, we also decided that we could easily have one or both of the protagonists struggle with body image. We haven't decided if both of them should, but I feel it's more impactful if only one of them did to show how other people face struggles some do not even think about once in their lives.

Though we need to discuss our individual conceptions; currently, I'm thinking that the style of the film will be developed using techniques relevant to the theme such as parallel shots between one life to the next, dark vs bright colors, dramatic shot angles and sound designs, which works well to incorporate all the elements each of us wanted to focus on individually. The mood of the film will be relatively somber as the audience is watching contrasting coming of age stories of struggle. However, I'd like to think we can insert moments of hope in there as well. The purpose of this movie is to portray the uniqueness of each human experience and educate the audience on struggles with body image.

We also have decided on our roles in our film. Shay will be the sound designer. Ali and I had both selected cinematographer but one of us will simply switch to director as we further explore our strengths and weaknesses. So far, we don't have our crew of cast or locations yet but I think the nature of our film gives us a pretty clear of the setting we'll need so I don't feel that will be an obstacle.

Overall, I think our film collaboration is shaping up to be more complex and interesting than what I I initially had in mind and I am excited that all of our themes worked so well together to create an inclusive storyline. I also feel that this will be good in the sense that I didn't have a strong sense of how I could find a cast and crew by myself and I'm comfortable knowing that we can share those duties now with each other. Overall, I am excited to work on this newly formulated project.

No comments:

Post a Comment