Sunday, September 11, 2016

First Production Check

I want to base my film on the combination of the uniting human experience theme and the theme of individual experience by focusing on the connecting theme of theme. I want to connect these two themes by portraying how although everyone experiences the same life cycle, privilege or the lack therefore can cause one's person experience to be drastically different from someone else's. For the sake for expressing my message clearly, in my plan, I plan to depict two drastically different lives - one person who faces struggles in every step of the way while the other person almost glides through life without worries. In the exposition, I will start my depicting their lives separately and then lead them to meet at the climax and show the fallout of what each character learns from the other's life.

Next, I will discuss the film techniques I will use to create meaning. Using parallelism, I might layer shots or drop contrasting situations between each characters quickly one after another for maximum effect about my theme. Furthermore, I plan on focusing on the technique of using dramatic, often contrasting camera angles. For example, the person with privilige will be depicted around vertical lines, in order to convey that they have easy access to power. On the other hand, the other character will shot using bird's eye to make the person look weak and overpowered. In shots where the two characters are together, I will use proportion to make the privileged character look a lot larger than the other character. Because I will be focusing on camera angles anyway, I will choose the role of cinematographor as my primary focus will be on the layout of each frame. 

Based on my experiences with film, I plan to make adjustments to highlight my strengths and cover my weaknesses this year. During the making of the chase scene last year, I was really frustrated with movements such as the dolly and tracking that involves fully moving the tripod as it was extremely stressful to set the timing of those shots and it was not something that worked well for me. On the other hand, I very much enjoyed using movements like panning and tilt that involved only moving the camera and they were effective for me. In addition, I want to create better unity through using similar principles of design as my films last year appear disjointed a lot because of the jumbled principle of designs in the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment